An ultimate guide to Buying Crockery and Tableware in India
For an eye-catching dinner presentation, one always requires quintessential crockery and tableware and not just cooking skills. Here are some shopping tips that will ease your work and give you a good experience.
Crockery and Tableware Buying Guide:
To find the perfect crockery and tableware for your home, follow our ultimate guide:
1. Check the utility of the crockery:
When buying new crockery, the first and foremost question is “Where and how do you prefer to use them?”. This question opens up the door to the usage, the style, the preferred quantity, and the purpose of what is to be served on the crockery.
Now, based on your menu you will be able to decide on what you would like to buy from an array of Crockeries like dinner plates, salad plates, soup bowls, dessert bowls, serving bowls, tumblers, cups, and saucers. A typical table setting includes a cup, bowl, salad plate, and dinner plate, which means a 16-piece tableware set provides settings for up to four people.
If you are looking to gift someone, the choice of your tableware or teacups should be classy and timeless. It should also define your style and taste.
- Crockery section at Darpan Furnishings stores, you can shop all crockery and tableware items from Dining sets, teapots, cups, bowls and more
2. Preferred shape and size:
Great food is sometimes about how you place them on the dining table. The design of your crockery can lift up your mood and add drama to even the routine food items.
You may buy tableware and crockery that are different from the normal daily ones to invite appreciation from your guests.
Another thing to keep in mind is to never run out of the number of crockery pieces. Ask yourself, “what is the family capacity and how many guests you could accommodate at one time.”.
A suggestion is to buy at least three different sizes of the same serving plate/ bowl and keep them in handy for different quantities.
3. Preferred color:
Indian crockery and tableware could be dramatic, subtle, or have contrasting colors. This directly depends upon the style and color you prefer. If you have a bold color dining table, you may choose the crockery of subtle colors. If your table is lightly shaded, different patterned crockery can enhance the look of the dining set.
You can also buy crockery that suits different seasons, for example, light blue colors in summers and bold red or orange colors for winters.
Tableware sets are available in different materials, styles, and what suits an Indian home environment is having the beat of both types- formal and informal tableware.
Some crockery sets like bone china or porcelain work well for fancy dinner parties, and others like melamine and earthenware are more suitable for casual get-togethers.
For Casual dinner, people often prefer bold colors and patterns, which gives one a lot of fun options to get creative with.
5. Type of crockery:
- Bone China Crockery –This type is strong and elegant. It has a semi-translucent white elegant appearance and is very durable. It is also safe for dishwashers.
- Porcelain crockery- this is affordable and durable. It is also break-resistant and used for microwaves. It is preferred formal tableware.
- Stoneware- these come in varieties and different styles. It is heavier than the other types of crockery. It is also easily breakable, but due to its versatile options, it is preferred in the household.
- Earthenware- this is a type of ceramic crockery. It has a waterproof glaze and is very well sealed. It is casual and less sturdy crockery.
- Melamine Dinnerware- they look like ceramic dinnerware and is made of extremely durable resin. These crockeries do not chip and are a versatile option for any occasion. They are also available in many colors and patterns.
– At Darpan Furnishings stores, you can find all types of crockery from top brands like Dankotuwa, Noritake, Corelle, Sanjeev Kapoor, Aquatic, and more
This is important to keep in mind before buying crockery and tableware in India. It helps to identify whether the product has the ability to be used in the oven, dishwasher, or microwave.
You should always check the manufacturer’s instructions for your type of dinnerware before using it. Some styles of formal dinnerware should be hand-washed and hand-dried instead of being cleaned in a dishwasher, and some dinnerware sets have metal incorporated in the design that prevents them from being microwaveable.
To safely store fine china and other formal types of dinnerware when not in use, place a piece of felt cloth between each piece to prevent scratches.
Buy only branded crockery and tableware and from reliable stores that won’t cheat you with a fake brand name.
Darpan Furnishings Abids:
Beside Surya Theatre, Reddy Hostel Shopping Complex, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040-24760136, Mobile: +91-8886002136
Darpan Furnishings Chandanagar:
Ground Floor, Ashish my space, Besides My Home Jewel Apartments, Hyderabad.
Darpan Furnishings Gachibowli:
Before ORR Junction, Next to Axis Bank, Opp: Royal Enfield Showroom, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040-23000111, Mobile:+91-9000017082
Darpan Furnishings Secunderabad:
1-7-241/8, 9 & 10, Beside westside, SD Road, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040-27899152, 040-27899151, Mobile: +91-8886634593
Darpan Furnishings Jubilee Hills:
1-65/K/14P&15, Kakatiya Hills, Kavuri Hills Phase 1, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad.